BackHow to use Stream
- Guide to Stream
- Does my course use Stream?
- How to access Stream
- How to use Stream
- Frequently asked questions
- Requesting print resources
Using chat in Stream
You can use the chat rooms in Stream to chat with other students in your course and your lecturer.
How do I access chats?
Chat rooms are identified by the icon
To access a chat click on the name of the chat.
How do I use chats?
1. Click on the Chat link.
2. Click on the Click to enter the chat now link (Fig 1).
Fig 1 Enter chat link.
A new pop-up window will appear showing the message history (Fig 2 (A)), list of chat participants (Fig 2 (B)) and new message box (Fig 2 (C)). The message history and participants list will automatically update.
Fig 2 Chat window layout showing (A) the message history, (B) the participant list a (C) the new message box.
How do I send a message?
To send a message:
1. Type the text into the new message box (see Fig 2 (C) above).
2. Click Send.
- All messages are broadcast to all participants.
- Messages sent by you will appear in a different colour to messages sent by other participants.
Please email feedback about this page to email@example.com.
Page authorised by Director, National Centre for Teaching and Learning
Last updated on Thursday 12 March 2020