Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL4. More information.
BackCurrent doctoral students
- Massey Research
- Research themes
- Colleges and research centres
- Find an expert
- Higher Research Degrees
- Higher Research Degrees
- Prospective doctoral students
- Current doctoral students
- Doctoral application process
- Fees and scholarships
- Doctoral student profiles
- Doctoral Governance
- Doctoral Web Book
- Dean's List of Exceptional Theses
- Doctoral student FAQs
- Contact us
- Responsible Research Conduct
- Research ethics
- Research support
- Vision and strategy
- Student enterprise
- Massey enterprise
- Rangahau stories
Doctoral forms and guidelines
This page lists the forms and guidelines for your doctoral study.
- Progress reports and Change of circumstances forms are available in the student portal
- Other information relating to the student portal and re-enrolment ( Important Information about Re-enrolment (532 KB) )
Select the category heading to display the relevant forms and guides.
Application for Doctoral Enrolment is the form completed by both candidate and supervisor to enable the candidate to be enrolled at Massey (after the candidate has completed the admissions process). This should happen within 2 weeks of the candidate arriving on campus.
Provisional Registration for International Doctoral Candidates While Based Overseas
Due to the COVID 19 crisis, the Graduate Research School has gained permission from the Tertiary Education Commission to enrol new doctoral international students while based overseas. Below are the guidelines and associated documentation. Please note: both the form 'Application for Doctoral Enrolment' above, and the 'Application to Commence Doctoral Studies While Based Overseas' below, need to be submitted to the GRS.
Change of circumstances
If your circumstances change and you want to:
- apply to extend or suspend your studies
- study for a period overseas
- change study mode (part-time or full-time)
- change your supervisory panel
- withdraw from study,
log in to the student portal and select the 'Research' tab to complete the relevant form.
Confirmation for doctoral candidates
Confirmation of Registration Events via Video Conferencing
- Complete the Progress report
- View the student, co-supervisor, supervisor and Head of Unit guides
Candidate and supervisor forms
Log in to the student portal to complete the Application to be examined for a doctoral degree.
Examiner and convenor forms
Oral Examinations via Video Conferencing
To be able to complete the online forms and to access the PowerPoint instructions, users must have the latest Adobe Reader software. Please click on the tile below to download the software. To be able to complete the online forms, please SAVE A BLANK copy to your computer first, then fill in the form, otherwise you will not be able to save what you have inputted.
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Friday 03 September 2021