University Archives Collections
The collections held at the University Archives include:
- Records, documents and memorabilia of Massey University and its antecedent institutions including the Massey Agricultural College, Palmerston North University College, Palmerston North College of Education and Wellington Polytechnic.
- Archives relating to disciplines taught and researched at Massey University.
- Archives of organisations affiliated with Massey University.
- Personal papers (with research, informational and/or historical value) of staff and students of these institutions.
The collections include:
- Correspondence files
- Reports and publications
- Financial records
- Newspaper clippings
- Maps and building plans
- Audio-visual material
- Digital material
- Museum objects
This is a collection of material of New Zealand businesses, individuals and community, cultural and professional organisations, most of which have broad links with the subject areas researched and taught at Massey University.
• Archives of businesses
• Personal papers (with research, informational and/or historical value) of New Zealand individuals
• Archives of community, cultural, professional and other societies, clubs and organisations
This collection includes the Dairy Records Archive, which is an extensive collection of business records of dairy companies from across New Zealand and often contains photographs and other material from the local communities of these companies. The Dairy Records Archive started when dairy companies began to merge or close down from the 1960s onwards. It has particularly good coverage of companies in Northland, Taranaki, Wanganui, Manawatū, Southern Hawke’s Bay, Wairarapa, Christchurch, Banks Peninsula and Southland. Most of the records date from the late 1800s and early 1900s.
The types of records held vary, and for some institutions little is available. Often, minutes of meetings are available, and some companies also have share registers, financial records, milk production records, company histories, legal papers, photographs and plans.
Selected items from these collections are available digitally on Tāmiro.
Page authorised by University Librarian
Last updated on Friday 15 January 2021