Transfer Internal Material to the Archives
The University Archives serves as the memory of the University and works in partnership with University offices to preserve the institution’s memory.
We encourage internal transfers of material and records to our care, if they are no longer required for administrative purposes and if they reflect the University’s activities and history.
We will receive material in any format, whether paper, analogue or digital.
Once the material is held by the Archives, it will be preserved and, subject to any legal requirements and University regulations that may restrict access, made available to researchers.
What to Transfer
We will receive a wide range of transferred material, including:
- Documents of decision-making bodies (such as Council, Academic Board, College Boards) and of the committees that report to those bodies
- Vice-Chancellor’s correspondence
- Records of academic and support units
- Records of associated bodies e.g. students’ associations
- University publications e.g. magazines, the Calendar, annual reports, course booklets and marketing material
- Photographs, films, videos and oral histories
- Newspaper cuttings
- Architectural drawings and site plans
How to Transfer
Contact the University Archivist to discuss the transfer:
Phone: (06) 356 9099 Ext. 83800
Then complete and submit the Transfer Agreement:
Page authorised by University Librarian
Last updated on Monday 16 November 2020