Troubleshooting for online resources
Massey University students use several online tools as part of their academic experience. The following reference guides will help with your course planning and study commitments.
Massey portal login help
Find out about single sign-on and how to reset your Massey and Portal passwords.
Student Portal quick reference guides
The Student Portal is the hub for all your academic needs and study resources. Find out how to view your progress towards your qualification and learn how to create a personalised timetable.
Create a personalised timetable in the Student Portal
Creating a personalised timetable is useful when planning your course and study commitments. You can compare your timetable of enrolled courses with courses you're considering. This will help avoid timetable clashes before changing or enrolling in extra courses.
To view a timetable for a particular semester, you need to submit at least one course for that semester. To do this you will need to select a course and complete the enrolment process for that semester in the portal.
To load courses onto your timetable, follow these five steps:
- Log in to the Student Portal
- Click on 'Timetable'
- Select the relevant semester tab, if applicable, and click on 'Search for courses'.
- A pop-up window will display. Enter the course code or name and click 'Search'. Mode and Location are optional search fields.
- Under 'Results' check the box next to the course(s) title and click the 'Show in timetable' button.
The course(s) will be listed in the 'Class time requirements' section. Any clashes will be shown in the 'Timetable clashes' section below.
- To save the non-enrolled courses to the timetable, click the 'Save changes' button. You can remove the non-enrolled courses from your timetable at any time by clicking the 'Remove (course code)' button.
- Repeat steps five and six to add more courses to your timetable.
Get an overview of progress toward your qualification
Track your progress towards your qualification in the Student Portal. For the information to display, you need to accept your Offer of Place (conditional or unconditional).
You can access the 'Qualification overview' from the 'Qualification and courses' section. Under the heading 'Qualification progress', you'll see a link to your qualification's overview. By selecting that link a new page will open with the Qualification overview. There you'll find information about:
- completed courses
- failed and withdrawn courses
- enrolled courses
- selected courses
- qualification regulations (courses required to complete the qualification).
To get to the Qualification overview section, follow these six steps:
- Log in to the Student Portal and select the 'Qualification and courses' tab.
- Scroll down to the heading 'Qualification progress' and select the link for your qualification's overview, eg. Bachelor of Business overview.
- A new page will open titled Qualification progress. From the 'Qualification overview' tab, select a category, eg. Compulsory courses, to view the requirements and course options.
- Each category will state the courses you can chose and the credits required.
- If a group of credits has a pale green box around them, you need to select enough courses from this group to make up the total group credit.
- Below the course categories is a table titled Credit rules. The credits shown in the Total credits column include credits associated with courses passed, enrolled in and selected for enrolment.
Massey University website
Find out where course timetables are located on the Massey website.
Course timetables on the Massey University website
Timetable information for each course offering is available on the Massey University website. You will find information about:
- attendance requirements
- dates and times
- labs and lectures
- tutorials and workshops.
It will also state if the class is for all students or only a particular stream.
You'll find this information useful when researching your study options. You don't need to enrol in a semester to use this course timetable.
Please note: if the study mode for the course is distance or block, there will be no timetable information.
To find a class timetable on the Massey University website, follow these five steps:
- Visit the Massey website www.massey.ac.nz
- Select 'Study' from the website's top navigation menu. From the drop-down menu select 'Course search', located in the 'Find a programme' column.
- Enter the course name or number into the search field and select the search icon.
- From the search results list, select the relevant offering.
- Scroll down the page to the 'Class timetable' section to view the course timetable.
Page authorised by Director, Student Administration
Last updated on Wednesday 24 July 2019
Access your online toolkit
- Log in to:
- Visit the: